Click Here to Schedule Your Appointment
We're excited to help you write in-person and online!
The Southern Illinois University Writing Center is here to support your writing! Our 1-on-1 consultation sessions provide individualized attention to improve your writing abilities and products. In these sessions, our graduate and undergraduate consultants work with all students on all writing.
|Any Major||Any Assignment||Any Stage||Any Kind of Writing|
Support for Students
In our 1-on-1 consultations, you will collaborate with our consultants as you:
- Assess the goals of your writing
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create a plan for revision
- Write new text.
In addition to consultations, the writing center offers additional support including:
- Workshops on Writing Topics
- Specialized Workshop for Class Assignments
- Writing Studio Hours
- Online Drop-in Quick Questions
Support for Faculty
Click here to request a class visit!
The Writing Center director and graduate assistant directors collaborate with you to support your teaching in many ways, including:
- Developing strategies for teaching writing in your discipline.
- Integrating writing into courses.
- Getting feedback on your writing assignments.
- Facilitating in-class workshops.
- Creating extra-curricular workshops.
For more information, click the button below or contact director Enrique Paz (firstname.lastname@example.org).